Thursday 13 May 2010

Setting up the scene



Because I am relying on the animation and the content of whats going on through the animation I have always made it clear to myself that I will keep the stage simple.

Electric Fence



Being the main prop in the animation, it was relatively if not very easy to make, quite simply I built one large rectangular shaped box, from that copied, rotated and resized that box to make one of the fence posts then copied that fence post and spread them out evenly. I then found a concrete texture online and applied it to the base and posts, nothing fancy just stuck it straight on.

For the "wires" I applied exactly the same technique only using a cylinder shape.


Danger Sign



To make this I made a plane, resized the way I wanted then placed it on the fence.

I went online and google imaged "Electricity sign" or something along those lines.

Using the material editor I imported the image and adjusted and tweaked accordingly. If I remember rightly, I simply removed the tiling options off and then using the horizontal and vertical alignment along with rotation and length and width size, positioned the texture in place, this out of the whole fence building was the most time consuming aspect!

Switchbox



The switch box is a box model which I converted into an editable poly. Using quickslice I made two more edges horizontally, which allowed me to bevel and extrude inwards the resulting polygon. I then made and resized a cylinder and sphere and placed them inside the box.

Because I really couldnt be bothered with trying to apply two different textures onto one model for the on/off labels, I modelled them, the o from a cylinder with the cap bevelled and extruded inwards, the F from a box rescaled, with using the quickslice and extrude I could create the F shape and for the N I simply juat used extrue on a rectangular box shape and then cloned the additional O and F, I then changed the colour to black. I really want to add a dirty sort of bump map to the box, but maybe that will have to be something to experiment on for the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment